EMS CARE | EMT NCCP | Day 2 Recertification
8 Hours CME Credit
This course meets the NREMTs latest requirement for EMTs, the National Continued Competency Program (NCCP) and is approved by the State of CT. This program consists of the equivalent of 40 live classroom hours – this is the first 8 hours – all online and self-paced. This is part of the National component (20 hours). Topics include airway and respiration, cardiovascular, trauma, medical, and EMS operations.
The course works as follows:
- You can take the course on-line only at your pace. Take the quizzes too. Your test scores will be submitted to the instructor who will advise the state when you pass.
- You must take the lessons in order. You can go backward as you wish to review materials.
- Additionally, there will be scheduled times to communicate with the instructor via MissionCIT’s online classroom. You will be advised of the timing with a link to join these interactive learning sessions.
- For the practical components, you will be advised venue and timing options. Physical Classes may be restricted to a size compliant with local social distancing ordinances then in effect.
- You must pass the quiz for each Topic with a score of 75% or better to receive credit. There are 6 topics on Day 1 – and 6 quizzes.
- All administrative aspects of the course are managed and submitted by MissionCIT.
Please contact MissionCIT [email protected] if you have any questions!
Day 2 Sessions Include
- Hemorrhage control
- Patients with Special Challenges
- Obstetric and Gynecological Emergencies
- Behavioral and Psychiatric Emergencies
- Immunologic and Allergic Emergencies
If you want to take both the online course and the skills session for your recertification, please pay for this course in the scheduled course section. Choose a date and location for your skills session. Once you have paid, you will be enrolled in this online course. Click here for scheduled courses.
If you only want to take the online course, you can pay here. The fee for online-only does NOT include the skills session nor recertification.